Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 29, 2008

FOR TODAY December 29, 2008...
Outside my window...the sky is blue, the sun is shining, the weather is in the 70's. We're supposed to get a weak cold front, but it'll only bring the temps down about 5 degrees.
I am thinking...it was such a fun Christmas. This is the first time I've gone on the internet in a week, and I didn't miss it.
I am thankful for...my family, friends, neighbors. For the kindness people show this time of year. Oh, and for clearance sales!
From the learning rooms...still working on homework packets, and we'll be playing E's new Scrabble to help with spelling. My sister sent E a pop bottle science experiment kit that he's also excited to try.
From the kitchen...spaghetti & meatballs. Yum!
I am wearing...olive green tank top, beige capris, flip flops.
I am creating...nothing today.
I am going...to take down all the Christmas decorations this week. I'll probably leave the tree up a few more days, though.
I am reading...Exodus for my morning devotions. My son R got me Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin, and I read it in 2 days. Very well written.
I am hearing...the TV in the family room. E and I are the only ones awake. I can hear R breathing.
Around the house...taking down all the Christmas decor will take me about 2-3 days.
One of my favorite things...is the 2 weeks my kids get off from school. It's nice to have them at home.
A few plans for the rest of the week: the year will end, and 2009 will begin. I've got a feeling it will be a very important year. Many changes, that's for sure. I might not be on the 'net much this week either. I need to spend as much time as possible with my kids before school starts again next week.
Here is prayer request I am sharing...pray for peace in Israel. Did you know the Bible tells us to? It's in Psalms 122:6 - "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you."

Happy New Year everyone! Can't wait to see what God has planned for us!
Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook is on vacation, but I still wanted to share what's going on.

No comments: