Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Jan 26, 2009

FOR TODAY January 26, 2009...
Outside my window...weather is back to normal. It was 60 degrees when we got up this morning, and it should be in the upper 70's by noon. Another "cold" front on the way for the weekend, though.
I am thinking...what a great message Dr. Barnes gave yesterday. Lots to meditate on.
I am thankful for...my husband who is feeling better, and my allergies calming down some.
From the learning rooms...E is giving me a hard time with reading. Need to get more practice in.
From the kitchen...pot roast in the slow cooker.
I am wearing...t-shirt, shorts & flip flops.
I am creating...not much at this time.
I am going...to try & organize my closet this week.
I am reading...Deuteronomy for my morning devotions, and Matthew for my S.O.A.P. devotions. S.O.A.P. devotions are simple: In a journal I label first the (S)cripture I'm reading, then my (O)bservation, how it (A)pplies to my life, and end with a (P)prayer. I got my copy of The Duggars: 20 And Counting, and I'm reading it for the 2nd time. I've also started on my study of Really Bad Girls of the Bible, to get ready for my small group.
I am hearing...that still, small voice telling me I need to fast. Not from food, mind you. God always leads me to fast from television. Just when my 2 favorite shows, 18 And Counting and Jon and Kate + 8 are starting new episodes!
Around the house...bathrooms and laundry. My closet needs organizing, and I need to give the living & dining rooms a good cleaning too.
One of my favorite things...is reading. I'd much rather read a good book than watch a TV program. God is reminding me of this lately.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana on Wednesday. I teach again this Sunday, which I thoroughly enjoy.
Here is prayer request I am sharing...I'm not sure if the Lord would be leading me back to work anytime soon. I enjoy being at home and taking care of my family, but my unemployment benefits will run out in another couple of months and I don't know if I need to go back to the workforce or concentrate on my home. Need lots of prayer to know what God wants me to do next.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: