Saturday, January 10, 2009

So how WAS Christmas?

Christmas was a blast! We had Christmas at home and just relaxed in each other's company.

Our little monkey was thrilled to get the first season of his favorite cartoon, Chowder, from his sister. That's her in the corner, big ole smile on her face. E was also thrilled that he got Wii pajama pants from Grandma. Doesn't take much to make this little guy happy.








R got his sister gloves. Yes, gloves. It gets much colder in Central Florida than it does here. Besides, they have Grrr from Invader Zim on them. My kids are cartoon fanatics, what can I say. He also got her a tote bag that says Life = Music. She was very happy.














I got my little girl the new Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian movie (if you've seen the movie, be honest: isn't he hot?!). R got movies too: Ironman, the Hulk, Indiana Jones. He loves super hero stuff. Matter of fact, with the Christmas money he got from my sister, he bought himself 4 seasons worth of Batman the Animated Series. He'll be 22 yo in March. Guess they never really grow up.












I'm thankful that my son heard me when I said over and over and over again that I wanted Kate Gosselin's book Multiple Blessings. I read it in 2 days. She did an awesome job, and there are some really beautiful family pictures. I recommend it to anyone, especially if you like the TV show.






Of course, the best part of Christmas was breakfast: waffles, bacon, sausage, all made by Mom and eaten in the comfort of home. Yum! I can't think of a place I'd rather be.
The tree has been taken down now, and all the decorations have been put away. But I still think about Christmas. So much so that yesterday I watched White Christmas (thanks for the DVD Jess). I love Christmas, all it stands for and all the joy it brings. Can't wait till December!


1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

What, no pictures of the socks? :)