Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Finished!!!

I'm happy to announce the bathroom remodel is D-O-N-E done! And it turned out beautifully! Won't you join me for a tour?
Upon entering the bathroom, it is easy to appreciate the colors in the tile, and the sage green bathroom curtain. I bought a new curtain because the previous curtain, though also lovely, has tie-backs that would need to somehow be, well, tied back. I tried several methods but to no avail, and I refuse to drill holes into the tiles to put in a hook, so I got this curtain at Target. It works with the swag from the previous curtain and matches the colors of my other accessories.

Ah, the commode area. Whenever I look at this I laugh. So much time, energy, and resources go into designing a bathroom, yet we all know what it'll be ultimately used for. Come on, you MUST be able to see the humor in that, can't you? The picture on the wall was in our living room for years, until I was given a picture that hung in my office at work that matched the furniture perfectly. I had this picture of orchids put away, and remembering that it was in my closet, hung it on the wall and voila! Like it was meant to be there.

Here's the vanity that took the longest to get finished. My brother-in-law built it from a drawing and picture I gave him. I think it turned out gorgeous, especially the color which looks nice with the granite and the rest of the colors. The granite slab is the one we were offered for $100. The owner had it cut for one of his customers on Fisher Island who then cancelled, so we were able to get it for a great price. It has all the colors in the bathroom so it matches perfectly.

Here's a better view. I think the bathroom turned out more like a luxury spa than a master bath. I'm so pleased with the end result. Now we need to do bathroom #2. This will happen in about 3 weeks. My daughter is due home for spring break, and 5 people sharing one bathroom can be catastrophic, so we'll wait till she goes back to school before we tackle the next project. Till then I'll enjoy the cleanliness of my home!

No comments: