Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bathroom - The Home Stretch

I haven't had a whole lot of time to get any blogging in, because my time has been consumed by either working in the bathroom or cleaning up afterwards. There are muscles in my body that are so sore! My hips are especially painful, because I've been bending down so much to clean up the floor, and I suffer from sciatica. To top it off, I was rushing to finish up and as I was coming into the house from the garage I took a nasty tumble, got back up and kept running, but oh am I hurting now! Still, the bathroom is close to complete and life will be back to normal real soon.

My hubby was so thrilled when he was putting in the last couple of wall tiles. (That's his brother in the corner. He did most of the tile cutting).

This is the tub area. All that's left is a couple of tiles around the inside of the window and tiling is complete. Like the small border design? It's my favorite part!

I came home from the paint store to find the toilet installed and working. Hallelujah! No more little feet walking into my bedroom in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Of course there's no sink yet so there's no where to wash our hands, but hey, it's a work in progress, and I'm thrilled to see the progress!
Grouting is next, either tomorrow or Saturday. Then the plumbing fixtures can go in, and once the vanity is completed it will be installed also. Looks like we'll be done before my daughter gets home from school! Thank the Lord!

No comments: