Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 20, 2009...


Outside my window...is very deceiving sunlight. Deceiving because the forecasts call for rain and thunderstorms this afternoon and tomorrow. Much needed rain, thank the Lord!


I am thinking...about the study in Revelation that we're doing in church. Finished chapter 4 yesterday.


I am thankful for...my relationship with Jesus, my family, my home. In that order.


From the learning rooms...E will be working on a biography this week. He chose to do it on Nascar race driver Tony Stewart.


From the kitchen...meat patties, white rice, pink beans, and either a veggie or salad.


I am wearing...haven't changed yet into regular clothes. Wearing a house dress in black with yellow and green embroidery.


I am creating...a neater, more organized home. Or at least that's my goal.


I am reading...Esther for morning devotions, Mark for SOAP devotions, last study of Really Bad Girls this week.


I am hearing...the hum of the computer. Just love quiet mornings.


I am hoping...the cabinet doors and drawer fronts will be ready today or tomorrow so we can finish with the bathroom remodel already.


Around the house...washing linens, vacuuming furniture, cleaning up bathroom.


One of my favorite things...is reading. I'd much rather pick up a good book than sit in front of the idiot box all day. Plus I learn more from books than tv.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Hubby's birthday is on Wednesday. Turning the big 4-0! We're keeping it simple for him.


Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...



This is me a couple of years ago in Sarasota. I went to visit the Ringling Museum with some friends, then had dinner at an open air restaurant. We had a great time.

To join the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Mrs. Jane Doe said...

Look how cute you are! I love that picture! I also love the open air restaurants especially the ones by the beach. One of my favorite restaurants is called Hurricane's (West Coast of Florida) by the Don CeSar resort. Loved staying there! There was a restaurant near my dad's place in Vero Beach but the hurricanes a few years ago washed that away. Sad to see that one go - great food and atmosphere.

We have had rain...rain and more rain the past few days (weeks). I don't wish to complain but...some sun would be nice and to dry out a bit. It is a great time to get out and weed the garden beds but not too crazy about the cold rain.

Have a wonderful week if I don't see a post from you. I do enjoy reading your blog entries.

xo