Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 27, 2009...
Outside my window...it's very breezy. Warm, yes, but breezy. Still no rain, though we're expected to get some showers towards the end of the week.
I am thinking...about kids. Yesterday my son and I went to the park to fly his kite. A boy, probably about 11 or 12 years old, rode over on his bike and asked if he could fly the kite too. He was so excited to see this kite in the air! I let him fly the kite for a while, then he played with my son for a bit before telling me he had to go. "Thanks for letting me have fun with you!", was the last thing he said as he rode away. Oh, to be a kid again and live such a carefree life!
I am thankful for...heating pads. My leg was hurting bad yesterday from a pulled muscle. I put the heating pad on it and it's so much better this morning.
From the learning rooms...the teacher should be sending me daily updates on my son's progress. I need to keep these so I can present them at his next SST meeting. With all the headaches I have to go thru with the school system, homeschooling looks more and more attractive each day.
From the kitchen...ground beef sloppy joe style with white rice, fries, and veggies. It's my son's favorite meal.
I am wearing...my nightdress. I'll go change soon.
I am creating...nothing right now. That's sad. I need to get more creative.
I am reading...Job for my morning devotions, and the gospel of Mark for SOAP devotions.
I am hearing...the computer keyboard, and the tv in the distance. I put the news on this morning but just walked away after a while. News can get depressing. I just want to know the weather forecast, thank you very much.
I am hoping...the cabinet doors and drawer fronts will be ready today. Yes, that's the same thing I was hoping last week. They were supposed to be ready Friday, then Sunday, now Monday. I just want to be finished already.
Around the house...I need to clean the ceiling fans. I love having them, since they help keep the house cooler, but boy do they get loaded with dust!
One of my favorite things...is springtime. The weather warms up but isn't as humid as summer. There's usually a breeze, not too warm but not too cool either. Spring in South Florida is nice!
A few plans for the rest of the week: My small group finished our study of Really Bad Girls of the Bible. It was an excellent study. This Friday we're getting together at our hostess's house just for a ladies night. Popcorn, soda, and the new Tim Hawkins DVD, I'm No Rockstar. If you haven't heard of Tim Hawkins, you need to check out his website. Tim is a Christian comedian, which means he's extremely funny without using foul language or dirty jokes. You can sit with your children and watch his stuff. He's absolutely hilarious.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...actually I posted all my pics, so I don't have anything new right now. Sorry! I'll try to get something in here this week.
To join the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Aisling said...

I LOVE me some Tim Hawkins, makes me laugh every time. My current favourite is his impression of the Super Nanny.