Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time to Paint

Bathroom update: I spent a good part of the day yesterday painting. I thought it would be so much easier, since it's a small bathroom. The size actually was what made it more difficult. Maneuvering the ladder inside this small space was challenging at best. Still, the job got done. Check it out:

It's starting to look like a bathroom, isn't it? I got this cool shower curtain at Target for under $25.00. It looks very high end and modern. They call it brown but the color of the curtain is more like a dark olive green so I went with that theme throughout.

I was afraid the color would make the bathroom look dark, but it's a fairly bright room. During the day it's light and the color looks vibrant.

The wall under the mirror is where the vanity will go. I left it for my son E to paint, since he wanted to help. The space is too small to let him do much more, but he loves to paint, and this way if it got messed up no one would know because the vanity will be there. He did a pretty good job for the most part, and he's satisfied because he made his contribution.
We're rapidly approaching the finish line. It may just be completed before the weekend. I hope so! Keep watching...

2 comments:

Mrs. Jane Doe said...

The bathroom looks fabulous! Great job! Wasn't all the dust worth it?! It does look wonderful!

I was scrolling down through your other posts and saw the lizard. I almost forgot about those little guys. You get used to walking down the side walk with with scurrying in front of you. My children used to catch them all the time along with one of our dogs that loooooved to catch them but they did not agree with her stomach soon there after! ;O)

We have had some rainy weather these past few days. It told a bit cooler - enough to turn the heat on downstairs. I am ready to get into my spring skirts and shoes!

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend!

xo

Mrs. O said...

Like the tile work, don't like the green walls. I don't know why you and J like mustard and puke for wall colors ... too much time in Florida, I guess! LOL