Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 1, 2009...

Outside my window...partially sunny morning, probably more rain in the afternoon as has been the norm for the past few weeks. The precipitation has been much appreciated.

I am thinking...of the outstanding time we had at the Summer Bash yesterday, and about how faithful God was in giving us good weather. The day started out scorchingly sunny, then we got some light rain which managed to cool the day down so that we could enjoy it more.

I am thankful for...our wonderful church and the dedication of all the volunteers who helped make the Summer Bash possible and enjoyable for all who attended. There was worship, a fabulous message on true happiness, and fellowship with many loving people.

From the learning rooms...it's the last week of school for E. I'll be preparing for summer home learning this week. We'll start with spelling, one of his trouble subjects.

From the kitchen...bourbon chicken and chinese style rice. I say chinese "style" because I don't know how to make the authentic Chinese restaurant rice. I make it my way, which is what my family enjoys.

I am wearing...a white button down blouse over a sky blue tank top, sky blue capris and flip flops.

I am creating...a list of fun things to do this summer. I would love, love, love to go to Disney World but the budget calls for something a little more economical.

I am reading...Proverbs for morning devotions and Luke for SOAP devotions.

I am hearing...my son's car as he pulls out of the driveway. He's off to wish his best friend a happy birthday.

Around the house...floors need to be mopped, kitchen needs to be cleaned and laundry needs to get washed. A usual, all around busy day.

One of my favorite things...is watching movies with the family. Yesterday my son and I watched the first Inspector Gadget movie, then my hubby joined us to watch Bolt. We laughed a lot.

A few plans for the rest of the week: It's a short school week for E, so we'll be having fun! Hopefully the rain will calm down enough so we can do stuff outside.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...E at the park yesterday for Summer Bash.

Isn't my son a cutie? He was standing at this small lake, watching nature (as he put it).

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a great week for you all!

Jerralea said...

Great picture of E. at the lake. I like to watch nature, too.

I'm like you - thankful for my church family. What do people do that don't have a church home?