Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 14, 2009...

Outside my window...it looks dark and ominous. It's pretty obvious this morning's sunshine is about to give way to rain.

I am thinking...about the fact that it's actually Friday evening, not Monday morning, but I probably won't have time to do my daybook in the morning so I opted to do it now. I didn't want to not do it altogether.

I am thankful for...VBS at a local church, the excitement my son has of going, and being asked to help with the children. Any time I can serve for the glory of my King is something to be thankful for.

From the learning rooms...still studying Australia, and doing lots of reading. That's where E has the most trouble, but we're practicing as much as we can.

From the kitchen...chicken nuggets and crinkle fries in the toaster oven. Sunday's I rest from cooking.

I am wearing...my black Calvary Fellowship t-shirt, blue jeans and (for now) flip flops. I'll be changing into a pair of red ballet flats soon.

I am creating...posters for VBS (pic below).

I am reading...Isaiah for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, and finishing up Who Put The Skunk in the Trunk.

I am hearing...thunder in the distance, getting closer by the minute.

Around the house...I'll be doing laundry tomorrow. I've kept up with the cleaning pretty well.

One of my favorite things...is teaching children. They're little sponges, and this is the best time to instill in them good foundational teachings. We may not have another chance.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm off in a bit to the church to help set up for VBS, which runs all week. It'll keep us busy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. After that, regular fun stuff like reading, going to the park, pool, etc.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...the posters for VBS. The topic is Boomerang Express, all about Australia.

I'll be the first to tell you, I'm not a very creative person. But I think these turned out pretty nice. Can't wait to see what God has in store for the children this week!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week.

2 comments:

Grandmother Wren said...

Hi Arlene,

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there!

LISA said...

I really enjoyed your daybook and your honest scrap post. After reading these two posts I have decided I would like to have coffee or tea together. You pick, I like both equally:)