Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Happenings

I dropped my daughter off at her roommates house a little while ago. She and JB are driving back up to school for their last week and will be back home next week. I think that's why I'm not as sad as other times that I've dropped her off. I know that, Lord willing, she'll be back soon, and then she's home for 2 whole months. Can't wait to have my family back together again.

Unfortunately the past couple of days have not been the best for me. Apparently I caught some kind of virus while at the hospital on Thursday. I felt tired, and figured it was because I hadn't gotten much sleep. Friday my throat was a bit scratchy which I attributed to VBS and talking over 30+ 9 year olds everyday. But yesterday I awoke with not just a sore throat, but also a cough, which meant I couldn't visit my friend at the hospital. I did call her, though. She's still hospitalized but at least she was able to talk on the phone, which she couldn't do before because any amount of effort was painful. She was so happy to get my call, and I did what I could to make her laugh and encourage her. Later on that night I was running a low grade fever, so I took some Tylenol, cough syrup and Benadryl (since now my nose was stuffy too), and went to bed. The rest helped me alot, and I was able to go to church despite the fact that I was still coughing. (I'm glad I'm not on the worship team; I sounded like I'd swallowed a frog. Thankfully, to my Heavenly Father I sound great no matter what). I had a bit of fever again a couple of hours ago but the Tylenol takes care of it. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about going to a job. I used to go to work even when I was sick, because I had a responsibility and had to get my work done. Now, I still have responsibilities and work to get done, but I can also take it easy so I can rest and recover from this cold. Speaking of which, I think I'll take my medicine now and get some rest.

I hope everyone had a lovely Father's Day. My hubby was happy because his baby girl came for the weekend. His stiff neck is much better, praise God. We didn't do anything over the top; his brother and a couple friends came over and they played pool in the garage until the heat became too overbearing (it's been in the 90's with lots of humidity). Most important, we were able to spend the morning with our Heavenly Father, thanking Him for all His goodness. Despite feeling under the weather, it's been a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful attitude! Some people would have used that post to complain about how their weekend was ruined...you managed to find reasons to give praise!