Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday

Actually, it would be more accurate to call it Tackle It Week. Since it's the first week of school and I've got the house pretty much to myself, I can get some intense cleaning done. I started Monday in my bedroom. I moved furniture, dusting and mopping behind the bed and nightstands. Rather than dressers, we have a large wall unit with shelves and drawers that was custom made. It's beautiful and has lots of storage, but it takes a good hour to get all the wood and glass cleaned and everything put back in its place. It looks nice and shiny now, though.






Today it was bathrooms. I mixed up a special cleaner I get at Lowe's that's for travertine tiles, and with a sponge mop I cleaned ALL the tiles in both bathrooms. It took an hour and a half, but those bathrooms look like something out of a magazine.

After lunch I started on my daughter's bedroom. I'm dusting like a mad woman, every little nook and cranny. The boy's room will be next, and that one's a challenge. It's a small room for two boys, so I need to purge a lot of E's things that he's too old for so there's more room. I'm moving from east to west in the house, and as I go into the common areas I'll be redecorating for autumn. That excites me, because autumn colors are my favorites. Stay tuned!

Tackle It Tuesdays is hosted by Susan at 5 Minutes For Mom.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks great! I long for the day when the house will be empty and I can keep it clean. Of course I know it will be lonely and I don't want my kids to rush off, but I just can't express how much a dirty house bothers me, and with 4 young kids and homeschooling, I just can't keep it clean.

I'm glad you are making such good headway though, and I hope you have a very productive week! So far all I've gotten accomplished is a lot of laundry and some clothes put into the suitcases! I woke up sick, so that's not helping my tackling day.

Brandi said...

Great job! Wanna come to my house? I need some re-organizing tips and tricks!

Anonymous said...

School doesn't start here until the 9th. After 6 years of homeschooling, my 11 year old twins are going to their first day of "real" school (Christian Middle School)...so soon I will have what you have...a house to myself! I have to discipline myself to write my articles and columns until one each day but then I will be scrubbing and shining with the best of them!