Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 17, 2009...

Outside my window...The sun is blazing, and the palm trees are moving to the breeze. A beautiful tropical scene, dampened only by the threat of Tropical Storm Bill, who may turn into a hurricane in the next few days, and may head this way. Pray, pray, pray...

I am thinking
...there are only 7 days left of summer vacation. School starts August 24.

I am thankful...that this country offers free public education. Many are quick to find faults in it (myself included, at times) but there are children in all parts of the world who would love to be in our country where they'd have this free education that is unavailable in their own country.

From the learning rooms...we'll continue to review and get ready for school. Saturday we get to find out what class E will be going to.

From the kitchen...baked chicken and stuffing.

I am wearing...a pink t-shirt, pink shorts and pink flip flops. Didn't you hear? It's National Pink Day ;-).

I am hoping...for a nice quiet week.

I am going...to go shopping this week to get some things my daughter needs before leaving for school on Thursday.

I am creating...a new look for my bedroom. Once it's done I'll post pics.

I am reading...Zephaniah for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. We finished Discerning the Voice of God last week, so I need to find some new material for personal study.

I am hearing...Phineas and Ferb. Which is funny, because their theme song begins, "There's 104 days of summer vacation, and school comes around just to end it." Not quite, at this point.

Around the house...I'll be doing laundry and floor cleaning today.

One of my favorite things...is baking. Especially in the fall and winter. The smell of baked goods makes me think of the holidays.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...a young lady from a neighboring church, Lauren, will be leaving for Italy this Wednesday where she will serve as a missionary for the next 5 years. Pray for the souls God will have her reach out to, for Lauren to trust in the Lord with all her heart, and for her parents who will be missing her but who also know this sacrifice is not greater than any sacrifice God is willing to make for us.

Believe it or not, it's just started drizzling. That's South Florida weather for you; it can change from the beginning to the end of one blog post.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

2 comments:

The Man Crew said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. Phineas and Ferb...LOL, my boys LOVE that show, too! Public education is a wonderful thing...and you are right about people in other countries envying those of us that have it. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you are having a great week. And as for your Florida weather, we used to say about Chicago..."Don't like the weather?? Wait 5 minutes, it'll change"...LOL!
Blessings,
Kristy

Elena@ Precious Treasures said...

I hope I don't miss seeing the pic of your new look bedroom - I love seeing how other people redecorate.

We've just had gale force winds racing through our state causing some damage ... but that's only slight compared to a hurricane. I trust your prayers will be answered.

God Bless,
Elena :)