Friday, August 21, 2009

The Week in Review

It's the last week before school starts, so it's been busy as far as getting ready, and deciding what needs to get done when. Organization is key.

Monday - we stayed home, did laundry and cleaned up some, but really just enjoyed being at home. We won't be all together like this for awhile, so I treasured that time in my heart.

Tuesday - was shopping day. Mostly for my daughter, as she was leaving for school again and needed some new clothes. She's lost a lot of the weight gained during freshman year, and now alot of her clothes didn't fit. She realized how different it is when you eat food from home as opposed to fast food. Sure, fast food is easy, but it isn't healthy, and it's full of fat and salt. She got pretty heavy, and since she isn't tall it piled on quickly. Thankfully, I got her on Weight Watchers, and she's lost 14 lbs. so far. She's also learned to eat healthier, and prepare food in her dorm instead of running to McD's or BK's. The shopping spree was well deserved.

Wednesday - Daddy took E to the movies to see Aliens in the Attic. I took advantage and did major cleaning plus all the laundry so my daughter would have everything ready to pack. Then we went to church at night. I thought Awana was starting this week; it starts next week. Oops! But that's okay, E got to see some Veggietales movie and I went to Bible study.

Thursday - I dropped my daughter off at her best friend's, and they drove off to school. I wasn't crying, but my heart ached for her. It was especially hard to see her friend JB getting everything packed in the car, wishing she didn't have to leave home. When teens first go off to college, it's this great adventure, but after awhile it gets old, and they miss being home. My daughter isn't totally there yet, she still enjoys school very much, but it's still hard for me. The nest is emptier with one of my chicks missing. I can't wait till Thanksgiving.

Friday - today is grocery shopping day. I need to get whatever is left from E's school list, plus packable lunches and drinks since he doesn't like the school lunch. I typically pack leftovers or sandwiches which he likes, and frozen pizzas on Fridays which is what the school provides. Small groups are done, so I think we'll have movie night at home, with popcorn and everything. Something fun for E and mommy to do.

Pretty soon we'll be back into the old routine. I've got some things planned, so I'm excited for that. I'll be posting my goings-on as they're going on. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a productive week! I'm making all my lists now so I don't drive off to Texas next Friday missing too many things. I hope E has a great first week back at school!