Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 28, 2009...


Outside my window...looks like we might get a shower this morning. It's in the 60's, but the weatherman says it'll be in the upper 40's tomorrow. Brrr!!!

I am thinking...of all the packing up of Christmas decorations that I'll hopefully start today. It's so much stuff, and I've enjoyed having it out, but it's time to go back to the attic till next Christmas.

I am thankful...for the lovely Christmas we enjoyed, remembering the birth of our Savior, and for my 2 precious children who had birthdays yesterday: my daughter A turned 20 and my son E turned 10.

I am going...nowhere today. Too much stuff to do at home.

I am wearing...a red housedress for now, will change after posting this.

I am remembering...my daughter's face when she opened her present. I'd wrapped a keyboard stand in red paper with a big gold ribbon on top, and it reminded us of the Red Rider BB gun in the movie "A Christmas Story". She looked at it and wondered why we would give her a keyboard stand if she has no keyboard. I brought out the large box from my bedroom and her face lit up as she understood.

I am creating...a list of things that need to be done around the house.

I am reading...Genesis for morning devotions, and Puerto Rican Cuisine by Oswald Rivera, which my son R got me for Christmas. He loves giving me cookbooks because he loves my cooking.

I am hoping...the weather stays cool but not cold.

On my mind...decorating the home.

From the learning rooms...we've taken it easy these last few days of celebrating, but reading needs to start again.

I am noticing that...I'm getting more and more forgetful. If I don't write things down I forget to do them. Old age?

I am pondering these words..."Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." - Helen Keller.

From the kitchen today...pot roast in the crock pot.

Around the house...laundry to fold, and Christmas decorations to pack up.

One of my favorite things...is my new camera, although I'm still having trouble getting the card read by the computer. It works when my son puts it in but it won't work for me. Hmm....

A few plans for the rest of the week...New Years Eve is on Thursday, and we'll be going over to grandma's again. Other than that, it should be pretty quiet.

From my picture journal...sorry, couldn't get it to work this morning. I'll try again later. :-(

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Forgetful? I think sometimes I need a list and then a note to remind me of the list. Hope you have a Happy New Year.