Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

This month Thankful Thursdays is hosted by Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.
Is it okay if I make a list of all the things I'm thankful for? Because honestly, I've been blessed beyond what any post can hold, but I'll try to keep it short:

1. I'm thankful that I have a Father who loves to bless me.

2. I'm thankful that we'll be going on a paid vacation that we didn't think would happen.

3. I'm thankful because I stopped at Payless to get some beach sandals for my son, and was able to get 5 pairs of sandals for myself for less than $20. You don't find bargains like that everyday!

4. I'm thankful because my son progressed to level 2 in his swimming lessons after just 2 weeks. This child begged NOT to get swimming lessons, told me he hated going swimming and had no interest in it. Now he can float, swim forward crawl, backstroke, and is learning the elementary backstroke (looks like a frog in water). Tomorrow is Safety Friday, where the kids learn how to save a lifeguard. I'm looking forward to my son learning as much as he can and getting the exercise he needs.

5. I'm thankful because this second round of swimming lessons is FREE!! I was not aware when I signed him up for the next session that I'd filled out the form for the "Commissioner's Kids". The town commissioner put aside money in the budget for summer programs, and anyone who filled out the specific form (again, I had no idea I'd filled out this form) would get their swim lessons paid for by the commission. Another totally unexpected blessing! I actually went into the office to pay for his classes, and was surprised to find out they were already paid for. Praise the Lord for His generosity!

6. I'm thankful that the fly infestation in our backyard is G-O-N-E gone. Yesterday we cut back a bunch of palm fronds that were rotting, and J took them to the dump today. I scrubbed the patio afterwards, since it was full of dirt and debris. Today I've checked several times, and there are NO FLIES. At. All. It was alot of hard work, and my allergies are acting up a bit, but not seeing flies out there brings a huge sigh of relief.

Now mind, all this has happened within the last week. Can anyone shout out a big Hallelujah?! God wants to bless us. He enjoys bringing us joy. And what does He want in return? He even tells us that:

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
- Micah 6:8

4 comments:

Nana Jul said...

I'm shouting Hallelujah with you!!
Awesome God, so worthy of Praise!!
Happy TT.
Julie

Denise said...

May the blessings continue to pour into your life.

dtbrents said...

A great list of thankfuls. I love Payless shoes but very seldom go there. I am getting too lazy. I know they have beautiful flip flops at this time. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Unknown said...

Arlene,

Girl okay, 5 sandals for $20 bucks.... Wow,

I loved reading your post and feel like I paid a visit to your home and just lived in the real world with you, flies and all... *grin*

Bless you my sister and thank you for sharing your home with me. Happy TT. Love, Lynn