Friday, September 10, 2010

The Friday Ten

Good Friday evening! I found this meme at My Leigh Ashley and thought it was fun, so here we go (typically it's a Wednesday meme, but Friday is my question day so I thought I'd wait till the appropriate time ;-) ):

{one} what was your first pet and how did you come up with its name?
The first pet I can remember was a huge beautiful German shepherd named Yira. I think that's the name the dog had when my dad took her over. She'd been abused by her previous owner and we took her in.


{two} do you like your ice crushed or cubed?
Definitely crushed.

{three} do you believe in love at first sight?
Not true love. I believe true love comes in time. You might like a person alot, but that isn't true love.

{four} do you have any nicknames?
My siblings used to call me Lene. Just shortened my name, really.


{five} what movie do you never get tired of watching?
Pride and Prejudice. The one with Colin Firth.

{six} how do you like your eggs cooked?
Scrambled. Or over-easy. Or hard boiled. Or in an omelet. I love eggs.


{seven} are you named after anyone in particular?
My mother had a boss who would always talk about his daughter Arlene and what a great daughter she was and all her accomplishments. My mom was so moved by the love this dad had for his daughter that she told him if she had a baby girl she'd name her Arlene. And she did.


{eight} what are three things that you would like to do that you haven’t done yet?
Visit Italy, bake bread from scratch, become a grandma.


{nine} what one thing always brightens your mood?
Some hugs and kisses from my babies.


{ten} what five things will you always find in your purse?
My wallet, a pocket size Bible, my cell phone, my camera and a pen.

If you'd like to try this meme out, visit My Leigh Ashley. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: