Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 28, 2010...

Outside my window...the sun is shining but clouds are moving in and the winds are picking up. It'll rain today, again, but praise God no hurricanes yet!

I am thinking...of my next home project - painting!

I am thankful...that my hubby made it safely to Central Florida and is working there now.

I am going...to continue painting the master bedroom. I like the look so far.

I am wearing...a brown and pink shirt, jean capris and white flip flops. Soon I'll be changing into a ratty old t-shirt and beige ready-for-the-trash capris so I can paint.

I am noticing...the paint in the rest of the house. We haven't painted the main living area except for the dining room in 5 years. It's time for some refreshing.

I am currently...painting the master bedroom and baseboards which were installed in March but never painted.

I am reading...Luke for morning devotions, just finished a second Agatha Christie mystery, and hope to get more books from the library today.

I am waiting...to finish painting the bedroom before I start my next project.

On my mind...the beautiful verses I read this morning. God speaks to us through His word in such an amazing way.

From the learning rooms...book report this week, and science projects starting soon.

I am pondering these words...‎"We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking only to learn that it is God shaking them." - Charles West

From the kitchen today...sandwiches, most probably. I've got a lot of work to do and won't be stopping to cook.

Around the house...gotta get some laundry going, then paint paint paint!

One of my favorite things...a freshly painted room. It makes the house look brand new!

A few plans for the rest of the week: library today, Awana and Cub Scouts, finish painting the master bedroom, then some ideas I have for the living room/family room/kitchen will hopefully materialize. My creative juices are flowing!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I hope the painting is going well! I agree, new paint makes everything feel new.

Kristi said...

You must be much more disciplined than I! Just ask Mike, I am the queen of half done projects! I rarely finish one before starting another...oops. :p