Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 21, 2010...

Outside my window...it's sunny and breezy, another beautiful South Florida day. Thank you for this day Lord!

I am thinking...of what color to paint my bedroom. It's my hubby's idea. I like the color in our bedroom, but he says he's tired of it. Let's see what we can come up with.

I am thankful for...my online women's bible study group. I needed this so badly, and God made it happen.

I am going...to be doing a bunch of laundry today.

I am wearing...a navy blue blouse with a paisley print, white capris and white flip-flops.

I am noticing...how dark it is in the mornings now. Kind of gloomy, actually.

I am currently...trying to get more walking into my day.

I am reading...Luke for morning devotions, and I finally started reading Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie. I love those old time mysteries!

I am waiting...patiently for dessert - Blue Bell ice cream was on sale, buy one get one free, and we have chocolate chip, cookies and cream, dutch chocolate and french vanilla in the freezer. I am one happy lady!

On my mind...a missionary in Mexico who recently had emergency surgery to remove her uterus. Praise God she's home now, recovering but still very weak. I pray she heals quickly.

From the learning rooms...all kinds of division and lots of reading.

I am pondering these words..."Your self esteem (your worth) comes from Whose you are, not what you can do or how you look." - Dr. Bob Barnes.

From the kitchen today...spaghetti and meatballs, warm Italian bread, and salad.

Around the house...linens need changing, laundry needs to get done.

One of my favorite things...when my family comes home and says, "Mmm, something smells good!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...the usual. It's not a very eventful week.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Enjoy your ice cream! Yum!

I really like that quote by Dr. Bob Barnes... So true!