Friday, December 10, 2010

Five Question Friday

Happy Friday to everyone! Do you know it's 15 days till Christmas? I know because my 10 year old reminds me of it often. Let's talk about Christmas today, shall we?

1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Both. We go to grandma's house on Christmas Eve and open presents that the family gives to each other. My husband has 5 brothers and sisters, and my in-laws have 9 grandchildren plus nephews and nieces. We try to give a little something to each child - an easy task if you shop months in advance looking for specials like I do.

Then Christmas Day we spend at home opening our presents to each other. I like that we can spend one day with the extended family and one day just us, an intimate family Christmas. It gives us 2 special days instead of just one.

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?
Oh my! Anything with chocolate falls under the category of "favorite". I've always loved Ferrer Roche with the hazelnuts, they are incredible! Typically we have plenty of cake around Christmas, because I love baking. As a matter of fact, we have a dark chocolate cake in the kitchen right now :D

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
Hmm, I don't remember. I usually get something I really like, but if it's something I can't use I re-gift so nothing goes to waste.

4. Christmas song that you love?
Oh Holy Night and Oh Come All Ye Faithful are two of my absolute favorites. I love when we do these songs at church. I also love The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole. He had such a rich and sentimental voice, perfect for Christmas carols.

5. How many trees do you put up?
Only one, a 7 foot artificial pre-lit tree we got at JCPenney 3 years ago. It's in our living room. If I had room for more trees I would probably want to add more, but there's be no place to put another one. I think Christmas trees are so beautiful, though not nearly as beautiful as the tree that held my Savior. The tree itself isn't as special as its meaning.

Why not have some Friday fun? Join in at My Little Life. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: