Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow, I can't believe I've been gone almost a week! Life has been very busy in our home. Christmas Eve, Christmas, and my kid's birthdays - my two youngest were born on December 27, exactly 10 years apart. Lots of celebrating is done in our home in December.

Yesterday I had a mama/daughter day with my little girl which was great. We went shopping at a large outlet mall. It took 1/2 an hour to find parking, which is incredible since this place has an enormous parking lot and I've NEVER had trouble finding parking. The place was packed, and I was glad when we got out of Gap where A spent a couple of gift cards and we left. Note to self: Don't go to the mall the week after Christmas. The stores are packed but not with merchandise, just people. I was glad when that was over.

We went to Kohl's afterwards, because my hubby gave me some gift cards and I also had $20 in Kohl's cash that needed to get spent this week. I love Kohl's; I always find the nicest things, both clothes-wise and for the home. I got a pretty red blouse, black top and a great blazer, but again there wasn't a big selection like other times. I still have a little money left on my gift card so I'll go back when they get more stuff in.

Then we treated ourselves to dinner at Olive Garden. Well, we didn't really treat ourselves; my hubby gave me a gift card for that, too. It was so nice to sit there chatting with my little girl as we had dinner, just the two of us. Those are the special moments that live in our memories as times we drew closer together.

Today we're gonna start packing up Christmas decor. It takes several days to get everything back in place, and I need to get started early since I'll be driving my daughter back to school in a couple of weeks. I pray everyone had a very special time this Christmas. May the memories live on.

No comments: