Saturday, December 11, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, December 11, 2010...

I am seeing...the sun streaming through the blinds. After a fairly cold week with temps in the 40's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon, we'll be in the 70's today and tomorrow. Then the next cold front will hit us with temps in the 30's and 40's. It's hard to keep up with the weather here in South Florida!

I am feeling...excited for what's coming. No, I don't mean Christmas. My daughter comes home on Monday and will be home for a month! Joy!!

I am hearing...Spongebob Squarepants in the family room, and the wind rushing through the trees outside.

I am tasting...scrambled egg and bacon on half a toasted hoagie. That should keep me going for a while. Yum!

I am smelling...the sweet smells of outdoors coming in through the open windows. This is the best time of the year; the air conditioner is turned off, and cool breezes keep us comfy.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

I am seeing ... my beautiful newly painted bathroom with all my Finding Nemo decals all over the walls (pictures to come soon).

I am feeling ... exhausted and a headache that just won't go away.

I am hearing ... my Ringo chirping his heart out; probably complaining about the other two.

I am tasting ... my no sugar/no calorie Arnold Palmer.

I am smelling ... nothing, thank goodness, since E.D. is currently "taking care of business" in my newly decorated bathroom. Why couldn't he just use the one in the building basement? Why do men always "have to go" when the bathroom has just been scrubbed clean?