Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 29, 2010...

Outside my window...the bright sunlight is deceiving; it's only 54 degrees out. It isn't as cold as it was yesterday, though. It was 38 degrees when I got up in the morning! It's a pretty day, though, and it'll warm up as the day goes on, which is nice.

I am thinking...of all the work that needs to get done now that Christmas is over.

I am thankful...for the lovely present my sister gave me: a Barnes and Noble Nook! For those unfamiliar with the Nook, it's the equivalent of the Kindle. I was able to download the ESV version of the Bible - for free!! I'm totally loving this new gadget. Thanks sis!

I am going...to start putting Christmas decorations away. It'll take me about 3 days to get everything back to its original state. I've got alot of work ahead of me.

I am wearing...my jammies. Okay, okay, I'll go change in a minute.

I am noticing...how mature my children are. They amaze me.

I am currently...trying not to catch the flu which my hubby's entire family is suffering from - including my hubby.

I am reading...In His Steps by Charles Sheldon...on my new Nook!

I am waiting...till next week to spend my Macy's gift card - the malls are too packed right now!

On my mind...much that will get done this coming month, with the Lord's blessing.

From the learning rooms...it's vacation time still, and we're resting the brain.

I am pondering these words..."There's a holy, high vocation needing workers everywhere; 'til the highest form of service, 'tis the ministry of prayer." - Woodworth

Around the house...as Christmas decorations get put away, much cleaning and dusting will get done. There's so much to do!

One of my favorite things...spending one-on-one time with my kids, and getting together with them to play board games.

A few plans for the rest of the week...basically, we need to get the house back in order.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Being as I'm not working, let's give credit to E.D. as well as me for the gift .... as it was a joint decision: I thought of it and he paid for it! LOL :)