Learning to deal with life's neverending twists and turns.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Five Question Friday
It's time for Five Question Friday, the easiest, most fun blog hop around! (Or at least that's their claim to fame, LOL!). Another peek into my otherwise boring life ;-).
1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love? We met at a party for a Nicaraguan softball team. I watched him dance and thought he was very cute and a great dancer. So much so that I was convinced if he asked me to dance I would say no because I didn't want to make a fool of myself. So he walks over, asks me to dance, and I immediately said yes. Duh! What was I thinking?! Apparently though, he liked my dancing quite a bit because he forgot about the girl he'd taken to the party and stuck by me the rest of the night. Did I know it was love? No. But I was convinced there was a strong like.
2. What is your favorite room in your house? I like every room in my house! Okay, my favorite is the family room. It's decorated in fall colors: olive green, gold, some deep sienna on one wall and maple colors on the wood furniture. The reclining chairs and sofa are extremely comfy. It's my favorite hang-out.
3. Can you wiggle your ears? No, but I had a boyfriend that could. I'd laugh, though I thought it was pretty weird.
4. What is your evening ritual? After showers, my son and I have Bible time together, then prayers, tuck him in, then I go to bed. That time with him is very special.
5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? At least 7, but preferably 8.
Have a great weekend everyone! If you want to join in the fun, visit Mama M at My Little Life.
I'm first and foremost a Bible believing Christian. I'm a mother of 3, learning to deal with the changes God is doing in my life, learning to lean on Him and trust Him even when I don't understand, and learning to accept the changes He sees fit to accomplish His purpose in my life.
"I can't imagine anything more terrible than getting to the end of my life only to discover that God had so much more in mind for me - more freedom, more joy, more peace, more true effectiveness. And I had missed it all, simply because I refused to change." - Joanna Weaver, Having a Mary Spirit.
"In every change He faithful will remain." - Katharina von Schlegel
"Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory." - Warren Wiersbe
Bible Verse of the Day
In the Kitchen This Week
Monday - black bean and beef chili, white rice, cornbread
Tuesday - crock pot jambalaya, white rice
Wednesday - Christmas Eve: turkey with all the fixin's
Thursday - Christmas Day: leftovers
Friday - tilapia, plantains, rice with veggies, salad