Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, January 25, 2011...

Outside my window...the wind has knocked down some of my plants. More than once. It's not cold (71 degrees), just windy. Another cold front is on the way, and temps should get down into the low 50's. Yes, that's a cold front in my neck of the woods.
I am thinking...of all the things I need to get done today.
I am thankful...the refinance of our home will be completed today. We close this afternoon, praise the Lord.
I am going...to pick up some fallen palm fronds from the backyard. We've gotten so little rain the last few months that everything is drying up and the wind brings everything down.
I am wearing...a navy blue paisley shirt, jeans and white flip-flops.
I am hearing...birds outside. The weather is pleasant so the windows are open.
I am noticing...how, when we leave things in God's hands, everything just falls into place.
I am currently...sucking on a Halls. It helps with the post nasal drip.
I am reading...Proverbs, and getting a lot out of it. I've read through Proverbs many times, yet each time I'm convicted in a new way. God's Word is alive!
I am pondering these words..."If I can enjoy a joke at the expense of another; if I can in any way slight another in conversation, or even in thought, then I know nothing of Calvary's love." - Amy Carmichael.
From the learning rooms...adding fractions. Don't you just love that? :P
Around the house...I need to clean the family room and kitchen, and get a couple loads of laundry done.
One of my favorite things...answered prayers.
A few plans for the rest of the week...my daughter is coming home Thursday afternoon! Yay! Just for the weekend, but any bit of time is precious.
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...the BarlowGirl concert from last September. It was such a spiritual time, I can't and won't ever forget it.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: