Friday, February 4, 2011

Five Question Friday

Mama M. at My Little Life is going through a sad time right now. Her brother-in-law was killed in an accident this week. Please pray for the family. He leaves a wife and 7 children behind.

I went thru Mama M.'s archives and found some Friday 5's I hadn't done, so I thought I'd answer them today.

1. Are you a neat sleeper or a messy sleeper?
I'm a neat sleeper next to a messy sleeper. You know what they say, opposites attract.

2. Fill in the blank. I wish I was more ________________.
Like Jesus.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?
How much a cesarean section HURTS!! I was in labor for over 24 hours, my water had broken 15 hours previously, and I'd stopped dilating at 4 centimeters. When the doctor said he was going to perform a c-section because he was afraid of the baby pooping while still inside, my only thought was, "How quickly can you put me to sleep?!" I was in pain, Demerol is a joke, I wasn't even offered an epidural, and I wanted to be done. When I woke from the anesthesia (I had general, it was what they gave at the time if you were having an emergency c-section), I thought my insides had been ripped out. Now THAT was pain!

4. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market?
Back in the 80's canvas paintings were all the rage, and they were going for $250 and up at the mall. I liked them but wasn't about to fork over that kind of money. We were at a local flea market and one was selling for $80 that was perfect for the decor in our house, but hubby said no way he was paying that much money. He haggled most of the day, but we got the painting for $45. My sweetie was very popular that day!

5. If you could have any meal brought to you right now, what would it be?
Actually, I already had dinner so I'm too stuffed to think about food. Thanks for the offer, though ;-).

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

No comments: