Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 15, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is a bit deceiving - it's chilly out there! By chilly I mean 55 degrees and breezy. Don't hate me.

I am thinking...of the drive up to Central Florida. I don't like driving. It's the only part of my trip that I'm dreading.

I am thankful...that my car got fixed and should make the trip with no problems.

I am going...to get a bunch of laundry done so we can pack.

I am wearing...a BarlowGirl t-shirt under a green hoodie, jean capris and red flats.

I am hoping...the weather holds up. I know we need the rain, but I don't want to drive in it :P

I am noticing...lots of weeds in our backyard. How come weeds grow no matter what the weather is?

I am currently...doing the first load of laundry. Load #2 will follow shortly.

I am reading...Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and According to Promise by Charles Sturgeon. And my Bible, of course.

I am pondering these words..."Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace."

From the learning rooms...more fractions. Surprisingly, my son understands and does them very well. Actually, not so surprising - children with dyslexia tend to do better in math and music than reading and writing.

Around the house...didn't get to those bathrooms yesterday. Need to do them today :P

One of my favorite things...the Nook my sister sent me. So nice and compact, and easy to read! I totally love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week: we leave early afternoon Thursday to see my daughter, and will be there till Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

His word shall not fail you
He promised
Believe Him and all will be well
Then go to a world that is dying
His perfect salvation to tell

Love this song ... I have it by Hillsong and Alan Jackson.