Friday, August 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 19, 2011...

Outside my window...the rain seems to have stopped but it won't be for long. It's the wettest August I can remember in a long time.

I am thinking...about my older children, and how much I miss them already.

I am thankful...my daughter was able to drive all by herself to Central Florida without any problems. It took her about 4 hours since she stopped for lunch, then had to wait till the rain let up, but she's where she needs to be right now and the Lord got her there safely.

I am going...nowhere. I went to the bank, the car dealership, Costco, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, and now I'm done with errands. For today.

I am wearing...a mint green top, blue-grey skirt, and white flip-flops.

I am praying...for peace from the Lord. Yesterday was a particularly sad day for me, as my daughter left. My older son is already in Central Florida, and I'm missing him dreadfully. Now my little girl is gone too. Now I know why God gave me my youngest son. The sadness of my children leaving the nest is overwhelming.

I am currently...relaxing after running around all morning and part of the afternoon.

I am noticing...lots of interruptions to our internet service. I saw the AT&T truck outside but I don't know if they're just doing routine work or if the daily thunderstorms have anything to do with it, but we were without internet for over a day this week. To think, 20 years ago this thing didn't exist, and now we can't live without it.

From the learning rooms...E got his class assignment, and now I can't find the card! Grrr! I can't believe I've misplaced it. Watch me find it the day after school starts :P

From the kitchen...pork chops, fried plantains, and salad. For dinner we're having pizza (it was on sale at Winn-Dixie).

I am reading...The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser. It's set in the early 1960's in Atlanta, Georgia. It's a long book but I'm looking forward to reading about the turmoil of the times. I finished reading The Affectionate Adversary. It was a good read, though it did copy Jane Austen a bit too much for my liking. I love Jane Austen, don't get me wrong. I just don't like it when other authors copy her works.

On my mind...my children. Always.

Around the house...everything is in pretty good shape, though I need to vacuum again. Dog hair everywhere!

One of my favorite things...God's word, and the comfort it brings.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...my old car needed both engine and transmission repair, and it turned out the repairs were going to cost more than the car was worth. It served me well for 10 years, but it was time to retire it. Here is the replacement: a 2012 Hyundai Sonata, in silvery blue (it's a very girly color). The pic is mostly for my sister's benefit, since I'd already told her we were looking for a new car.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Hyundai ... like Sunday and Monday. Remember that commercial?? LOL I'm surprised you went with a smaller car after getting so comfortable in an SUV. Guess it's just more cost-efficient to have the smaller car. Can't tell the color in the picture, though; kinda like with our "green" car that looks gray. :)

Arlene said...

Sis: Depending how the sun hits it, sometimes it looks silver and other times it looks baby blue. It's taking some getting used to, since I drove an SUV for about 13 years, but yes it's very fuel efficient. It's comfortable, too, and in the top of its class.