Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 3, 2011...

Outside my window...the skies are turning grey again. It gets dark in the afternoons, and it looks like we'll get a ton of rain, then all we get is a quick, light shower. We need rain badly. The heat and humidity leave me feeling breathless.

I am thinking...about my son, who is by himself in Central Florida. The rest of us came home on Monday to get more stuff packed and put away.

I am thankful for...the grocery store chain that transferred my son to Central Florida and got him into a really big, really busy store. I'm praying he meets people and begins to feel at home there.

I am going...to pick up my nephew for a sleepover once he finishes a project he's working on.

I am wearing...a grey tank top, faded pink bermuda shorts and white flip-flops. It's been a cleaning frenzy since we got back home.

I am praying...for several friends, for my children, and for strength in these changing times.

I am currently...done cleaning everything except the living room.

From the learning rooms...we found out today that August 22nd is the first day of middle school for E. It also happens to be the first day of my daughter's senior year of college. How time flies.

From the kitchen...we had ground beef empanadas for lunch, and rice with beef for dinner.

I am reading...Psalms still. I read Psalm 77 today. I also finished a couple of Nookbooks while in Central Florida. I hope to start another one soon, after I'm caught up with the house work.

On my mind...so many changes in such short time.

Around the house...I finished cleaning the boy's room this morning. R took all his stuff to his new place, and I organized the room for E. I cried during a good portion of it.

One of my favorite things...a good book on a rainy day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I need to finish getting things cleaned. We were gone for 3 weeks, and the house looked and smelled abandoned. Maybe we'll catch a movie tomorrow.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: