Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 17, 2012...

Outside my window...it's a bright sunny day, blue skies, a few wispy white clouds, and the temps are back into the upper 70s.

I am thinking...of different ways to spruce up my home.

I am thankful...for God's Word and all it teaches.

In the kitchen...oven fried chicken wings, parmesan noodles and salad.

I am wearing...a black and white baseball style top, black and white skirt and red flats.  

I am creating...an organized garage.

I am going...to work on the garage an hour or two each day, rather than try to get it all done in one day.  It's less overwhelming that way.

I am wondering...how my older kids are doing today.

I am reading...The Vigilante's Bride.  I'm just over half way done.  

I am hoping...to make at least one trip to Goodwill this week.  Otherwise the garage will never get emptied out.

I am looking forward to...Awana tomorrow, and being with the children.  I love them so much!

I am learning...patience.  It's a good thing God is patient, because I'm a slow learner ;).

Around the house...I vacuumed today, and really everything is neat and clean except for the garage.  That's why I want to tackle it this week.

I am pondering these words..."When I let go of things in this life, into my open hands God places Jesus, who is enough." - a friend sent me these encouraging words from her devotional.

One of my favorite things...finding something pretty, out of the ordinary, and inexpensive. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Awana tomorrow, and a birthday party on Saturday.  Church on Sunday.  Molly needs a bath, and that garage is gonna take up a good chunk of my time, but I know the results will be reward enough.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I'm so glad you are having warm weather - at least someone is warm today! It is sooo cold here, no snow, but freezing cold!

Cleaning the garage sounds like an adventurous task - so glad you are taking your time doing it, it does make it easier.

I love the quote about letting go of things in your life - very wise words to live by.

I also loved the quote about the full Armour of God - some of my favorite scripture!

Your light fixture is also beautiful! It looks so nice above your table!

Hugs,
Barb