Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Question Friday



Hi, I'm back!  And ready to answer my Five Questions this Friday.  If you want to join in, visit Mama M at My Little Life and follow the simple instructions.  Have fun, and have a great weekend!

1. What have you done recently that you are proud of?
I have to say, I was very pleased with myself when I took down the light fixture in the dining room.  I was always afraid of working with anything electrical, but I decided if I wanted this new light fixture I'd have to overcome this fear.  J helped me put up the new one, but I took down the old one by myself and could have put up the new one as well.  Yay me!

2. What is your favorite way to work out? Or if you don't workout, what are you wanting to try?
I used to go to the gym regularly and did all kinds of weight training, but when I became pregnant with my youngest child I had placenta previa and was told by my doctor not to do any kinds of exercise other than walk.  After that I never got into it again.  Now my exercising consists of walking - walking E to school, walking our dog Molly, that sort of thing - and keeping my home in order.

3. If you knew your best friend was cheating on their spouse would you tell?
I would speak to my best friend, but I don't think I would talk to their spouse.  I would want to help the marriage, not hinder it, and I don't know that getting that involved would be the proper thing to do.  I would definitely let my best friend know that what she's doing is wrong and the serious repercussions from it, and I would suggest speaking to a pastor or counselor about it in hopes of getting my friend to the point of repentance.

4. If you could afford a live-in maid or nanny, would you have one?
No, I really don't think so.  First off, I'm very picky about how things get done around my house.  I'd be checking everything and redoing a lot of stuff, and that would be a waste.  Secondly, I feel like keeping my house clean and orderly and raising my children is a very strong responsibility, one I wouldn't be comfortable giving to anyone else.  Third, if I had the extra money, I would much rather use it to help someone in need. I don't need a maid or a nanny, but there are people who need food, clothing and shelter, or medical help, or an education.  It would be more beneficial to put that extra money to good use.

5. Do you stress out about birthdays (specifically the age) or do you enjoy them?
I used to stress out, especially when I hit 30, then 40.  (Those decade markers can be harsh!).  Now, however, I'm at peace with my age.  Instead of focusing on it being another year older, I look at each individual day as a blessing, one where I get to do things I couldn't do when I was younger or less mature.  Our society has put too much emphasis on age and outward beauty.  There's a greater beauty in a woman who acknowledges her age and uses her life experiences to help others.  Hopefully that's what I'm doing.

No comments: