Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kids Say Such Funny Things

Have you ever repeated something and thought, that just doesn't sound right?  But you said it anyway, because that's what you understood, whether it made sense or not?

For Christmas my 12 year old son E got a card game called Monopoly Deal.  It's similar to Monopoly, except it's a card game that takes way less than the 12 hours it takes to play original Monopoly.  We often play it before bedtime.

Last night we were playing our second game of Monopoly Deal, after I'd one the first game.  Being a bit competitive, E was trying his best strategy to win.  As he picked up 2 cards, a smile came over his face with the knowledge he had the win.  Eyes sparkling, he said, "Ha!  Freedom and weak!"  Puzzled, I said, "What did you say?" and he repeated to me, "Freedom and weak."  That's when it dawned on me.  I let out a chuckle and said, "No, it's Read 'em and weep!"  LOL!!

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Freedom and weak!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is hilarious!! I guess he figured he was free and you were weak!! LOL