Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 21, 2012...

Outside my window...the sun is going down on a simply gorgeous day.

I am thinking...about the significance of this day.  It's my wedding anniversary.

I am thankful for...my loving Father, who gives me joy and peace even in the worst circumstances.

I am going...to take a shower after this post.  I gave Molly a bath today and I now I need one.

I am wearing...two tank tops, pink shorts and white flip-flops.  It's in the 70s today, and I gave Molly her bath outside.  This attire was the most appropriate.

In the kitchen...I made the most amazing beef empanadas!  (If I do say so myself).

I am creating...um, nothing.  I need to get creative.

I am wondering...why it's so much harder to lose weight when we get older.

I am reading...a few blogs that I've wanted to get caught up on.

I am hoping...my friend gets better from her latest fibromyalgia attack.

I am looking forward to...our church's carnival next month.  My daughter will be in town for it :)

I am learning...to play foosball with my son.  He's a much better player than I am.

Around the house...I got so much done today I can scarcely believe it.  The only thing left to do is clean the bathrooms (I always leave them for last).

I am pondering these words..."The children will follow the example, instead of following the advice." - Lord Palmerston.

A few plans for the rest of the week...back to Awana tomorrow, and that's all I have planned.  Maybe I'll make cupcakes for my son's Sunday school class.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Fresh Juniper said...

Hi, thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I hope you and your hubby had a blessed anniversary. The beef empanadas sound delish. You're so right about how much harder it is to lose weight with age. Have fun at your carnival!