Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Time to Organize

Ever have one of those days when you just can't get motivated?  Yeah, I'm having one of those today.  It's cloudy, humid, and dreary looking outside, and on these kinds of days I feel like I have to drag myself to get things done.  Plus my sciatica continues to be an issue; it was bothering me last night and I really don't want to get to where I can't walk, so I need to take it easy.

So, what to do?  I've decided to get my bills better organized.  I have everything in an accordion folder, and while it's okay, it's not organized enough.  I want to put my paid bills in date order, separated by hanging folders inside a file holder E used to use to keep his video games in order.  I'll have to run to Walmart to get the supplies, but I think it'll work better for me and be neater.  I also started my home budget again, so I can keep track of spending.  It's amazing how that can get out of hand so easily.

Then I made an appointment to get my eyes examined.  I'll be at the eye doctor tomorrow morning, checking out new glasses.  I know for sure I need a new pair; while I think my myopia is the same, when it comes to reading or seeing the computer, I can't.  I end up taking my glasses off to read, which only gives me a headache, so I haven't been reading as much as I like.  I can't wait to get my new glasses so I can get back to one of my favorite hobbies!

Lastly, I'm trying to get an appointment to get Molly "fixed".  She's been with us for 9 months and she's already going through her 2nd menstrual cycle.  We know she already had puppies.  We took her to the vet a few days after she showed up at our door, and the vet informed us of this.  So even though she's only a couple of years old I believe it's time.  I'm waiting on the humane society to get back to me.  They're the cheapest I could find at $110.  It's expensive because of the fact that she weighs about 65 - 70 lbs.  She's a big girl, all right.

That's my organization strategy for today.  How do you get organized?

No comments: