Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


I can't get through the week without visiting my dear friends Patrice and Wendell on their porch at Everyday Ruralty.  Though I must say, my porch is nicer this time of year, Patrice - it's 74 degrees out, sunny with a nice breeze.  Come on down for a visit, we can have some yummy Southern sweet tea if you like!


1. Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them?
I do like eggs, very much.  I like mine over-easy or scrambled.  Or in an omelet, with ham, peppers, onion and tomato.  Yum!

2. Do you have a favorite item that you really like having around? (a pillow, a chair, a sweater, a teddy bear, etc.)
The recliners in my family room.  They are about 10 years old but they must be the most comfortable chairs in the universe.

3. Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered, or distressed?
I have a variety.  The furniture in my dining room and family room is light wood.  The TV stand in the living room is dark wood but it works alongside the lighter wood items in there.  The bar stools are also dark wood.  I don't care for the distressed look.

4.  Please fill in the rest of this sentence. "I could write a book about____________."
I could write a book about being thrifty.  I love looking for bargains.

5. If money and calendar/family obligations weren't an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the woods, or on a sailboat on a calm body of water? I guess the last thing, the sailboat, would have to be someplace warm. :) (It's 30+ degrees here.)
Well now, let's see...I don't think a sailboat would be my dream mini vacation; I would most likely get seasick.  I'm not the cabin in the woods type, unless the cabin has all the amenities.  That leaves the posh hotel and the bed and breakfast.  I think I'd go with the B&B.  It sounds more homey and casual, and I'm a homey/casual type of gal :).

5 comments:

Rachel E. said...

Arlene, thanks for stopping by the blog. It's nice to see a new name. I like your blog, it's cute. Especially the little scripture sparrow on the side. I am a lover of birds.

The distressed look is new for me, but I figure with all the kids, distressed would be good. Give it a few years with any other piece, it would look distressed anyway.. :)

Anonymous said...

my mom is super thrifty too... she's the coupon queen!

Patrice said...

I love eggs! There's nothing like a good recliner. I am also thrifty. I agree your porch would be nicer than mine with temps in the 70s. We are supposed to have snow tomorrow. Wendell will stand out in it, as though it isn't even snowing. He has shelter, but I think he likes the snow.

Madonna said...

I love to read thrifty books and blogs. I remember way back when I subscribed to the tightwad gazette. Found your blog through chats on the farmhouse porch

Clairity said...

I'm right there with you on the loaded omelet and the bargain hunting, and yes, I'll see you at the B&B. We'll do something fun, ok? LOL