Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


How about a cozy chat with Patrice and Wendell?  They welcome us every week at their porch.  You can visit too, at Everyday Ruralty.


1. What's your favorite thing to have in hot cocoa/ hot chocolate?
Lactose free milk.  If I have regular milk I'll get a nasty stomachache.  I hate being lactose intolerant.

2. Did you have a white Christmas? Have you had snow since then?
No, and no.  I live in South Florida.  We only get snow...never.

3. Have you been looking over seed catalogs? If this doesn't apply, what kind of catalogs do you like to leaf through?
I rarely pick up a catalog of any kind anymore.  I guess it's much simpler to find things on the internet.

4. Gas stove or electric?
I have electric.  I prefer gas.  I learned to cook on a gas stove and I miss it.

5. What's new or interesting?
My daughter went to the dentist yesterday and found out one of her wisdom teeth is impacted.  It's lying down on its side.  She's gonna have to see an oral surgeon next week, and she's not looking forward to it.  We're gonna be praying the procedure can be done quickly and painlessly.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Oops! I guess you don't have snow there. :) I agree that the internet can be a fast way to look up things. I hope your daughter can have the wisdom tooth remedied without much discomfort. My daughter had to have all four out. It made for two very hard days, but soon she was back to her old self. They gave her an antibiotic as a precaution and she turned out to be allergic to it. I think it was more problem than the teeth. Have a good week!