Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Question Friday


It's quiet on the home front this morning.  There's no school because it's a teacher's planning day, so everyone else is asleep.  That's great, because now I can post my Five Question Friday in peace.  You can too, if you just hop on over to Mama M's, My Little Life.


1. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
My Bible would HAVE to be with me.  I'd need God's word to guide me.  Thankfully my sister gave me a Nook so I can have loads of books on one gadget, which is great since I love to read. I'm not much into movies, and anyway there wouldn't be any electricity on a deserted island so that would be a waste.  People, hmm...I'd want my kids with me, but would I sacrifice their happiness by having them stuck with me on a deserted island?  I don't think so.  As for foods, I need plenty of water, and raisins.  I munch on raisins all the time.

2. What is your thought on year round school?
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but if my son sees this he will have a fit.  No child wants year-round school.  I see the advantage of finishing earlier, of not having an interruption in their learning, of keeping them off the streets and out of trouble.  I'm just afraid of parents wanting year round school so they can have free child care during the summer.

3. What is your most embarrassing potty story? (Can't be one of your kids' potty stories either!) Hee Hee! This cracks me up and stems from a HILARIOUS twitter conversation...
I don't have any embarrassing potty stories that don't involve my kids.  And I'm happy for that.

4. What's the temperature where you are?
It's chilly this morning!  We woke up to 56 degrees and cloudy - a big change from the upper 60's and lower 70's we've been having all month long, every morning.  My son says he heard on the news that we beat the record for most days in the 80's in January.  I did mention we're in South Florida, didn't I?

5. Are you a winter/spring/fall/summer person?
I love the fall.  Here in South Florida, summers are brutal.  Temps are high and humidity is higher.  When October rolls in, the humidity starts to drop and the temps get more moderate.  The change is quickly felt and appreciated.

No comments: