Monday, January 7, 2013

Move It Mondays

It's the first Monday of the new year, and while I've been doing some moving, I admit I've done so a bit lazily ;).  The weekend was uneventful except for one very important event:  our new pastor is here!  Pastor Matt and his family moved down from Las Vegas and preached a great message this weekend.  The church was electrified with the presence of the Holy Spirit as we were challenged to step out of our comfort zones to reach our world with the Gospel.   I'm so excited to see what God has in store for us!

I did some grocery shopping today, and went over my budget by $20 :P.  It's hard to stay in the budget with food prices going up all the time.  After putting away the groceries I made some rice to go with the pot roast that cooked overnight in the crock pot (my favorite invention).  I sat with my lunch and my Nook.  Last night I decided I needed to start reading again, since I've spent waaay too much time in front of the TV watching cheesy Christmas flicks.  I found a book I'd downloaded months ago called Paradise Valley.  It's an Amish story.  I'm on chapter 7 already, and I'm enjoying this time reading again; I missed my books :).

I'm gonna clean up the kitchen now, then help my son study for a couple of exams he has coming up.  He just got back to school today and already he has a science test tomorrow, possibly a language arts test as well, and a civics test on Wednesday.  Thankfully he got all his winter break homework done :P.  These teachers don't give a break!

I've gotta take some pictures of what I've done in the living room since putting away the Christmas decorations.  Let's just say Kirkland's and I have an even closer relationship now :D.  I'll try to get that later today or tomorrow.  In the meantime, Happy Monday!

No comments: