Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 1, 2013...

Outside my window...the skies are overcast, and there's very little breeze.  Our wacky weather continues as we hope to get rain today.

I am thinking...of all the good things the Lord has blessed me with.  He is truly good, all of the time.

I am thankful...the whole Mayan end of the world thing is over.  Jesus said no one knows the day or time except the Father.  People find this impossible to believe, but they'll believe the Mayans.  ???

I am going...to continue putting away Christmas decorations.  I started yesterday and got quite a bit accomplished, but there's tons more to do.  This is the saddest part of the Christmas season for me.  I love having my decorations out, and I hate having to put them away.

I am wearing...a black top, black and white skirt, and flip-flops.  It's 74 degrees out (can you believe it?) and is expected to get up to 77.

I am noticing...the sun, now trying to break through the clouds.  Go for it, sun!

In the kitchen...I'm making bourbon chicken, without the bourbon.   But with plenty of chicken.

I am creating...nothing right now.  I haven't had much time to create.

I am reading...my devotions, and Unglued when I have the chance.

I am hoping...my daughter enjoys her new job.  She starts working at Old Navy this month.  Due to safety and conscience issues she had to stop working at the orphanage, but God quickly provided and we're very thankful for that.

I am looking forward to...switching out the 2012 calendar and putting up the 2013 one.

I am hearing...my oldest son as he gets up, the coffee pot brewing, a few birds outside my window.

Around the house...lots of packing up of decorations to be done.  I'm just thankful it isn't all of my Christmas decor.  It used to take me a full 3 days to set up and break down all that stuff, even with my daughter helping me.  It should go faster now.

A favorite quote of the day..."Keep us little and unknown, prized and loved by God alone." - Charles Wesley.

One of my favorite things...redecorating.  I have a few changes in mind for our home :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...I need to make a doctor's appointment to get some stuff checked out, and a dentist appointment for my daughter who needs to have those wisdom teeth checked out and possibly removed.  She's looking forward to it - not!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: