Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 15, 2013...

Outside my window...there's a slight breeze, just enough to keep the windows open to let the fresh air in.  The sun is hiding but it peeks out of the clouds every so often.

I am thinking...how easy it is to get discouraged when I take my eyes off of Jesus.

I am thankful...this sinus/migraine headache is finally subsiding.  I was miserable yesterday.  The headache isn't gone but at least I can function.

I am going...to have lunch soon.

I am wearing...a yellow top, khaki green skirt, and grey flats.  It's 80 degrees out but thankfully the humidity is down and the breeze is keeping things cool.

I am noticing...how neat this iPhone is.  It certainly has lots more features than my Blackberry did.

In the kitchen...my family's all-time favorite:  ground beef with rice, mixed veggies, tater tots and salad.

I am creating...nothing right now.  I'd like to create some scrapbook pages this week.

I am reading...The Widow of Larkspur Inn.  I started it, but I haven't been able to do any reading (or posting for that matter) thanks to the headache.  Maybe I can get some reading in today.  By the way, last week I finished reading Paradise Valley, but I mistakenly listed the author as Beverly Lewis.  Don't know what I was thinking, but the author is really Dale Cramer.  Oops.

I am hoping...for some cooler weather soon.  The mosquito population won't go down if we don't get some lower temps.

I am looking forward to...having this headache completely gone so I can play chess with my son.

I am hearing...a video game in the living room.  It's my oldest son's way of winding down after a long night of sleeping ;)

Around the house...I need to get so much done, but with my sciatica acting up all weekend and this stupid headache yesterday I haven't been able to catch up.  I've got a couple of loads of laundry to fold and the master bathroom to get cleaned up.

A favorite quote of the day..."Some people would grumble at the accommodations in Heaven if they ever got there." - Author unknown.

One of my favorite things...cool breezes.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I'm taking my daughter to the oral surgeon tomorrow to see about getting her wisdom teeth taken out - she's not looking forward to it.  Just the regular stuff after that.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: