Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 9, 2013...

Outside my window...the breeze is blowing cool but the humidity makes it feel stifling.

I am thinking...about family.

I am thankful...that God opened my eyes to His truths and made me understand His Word.

I am going...to Awana tonight after a two week break.

I am wearing...a colorful top, jean skirt and white flip-flops.  It's 80 degrees and windy out.

I am noticing...a little coolness in the air.  I would love for it to cool off so the mosquitoes would disappear.

In the kitchen...I kept it simple today:  burgers and fries.

I am creating...a new look for the living room.  Actually, it's pretty much done.  I've just got to download the pictures.

I am reading...Paradise Valley, by Beverly Lewis.  It's an Amish story.

I am hoping...my daughter gets her wisdom teeth taken out soon.  One of them is impacted, so she needs to see an oral surgeon.  She has an appointment for next Wednesday.

I am looking forward to...seeing our Awana kids.  I've missed the girls!

I am hearing...my son play a video game before he leaves for work.

Around the house...I did a good cleaning in the kitchen, family room and dining room.  I also did a couple of loads of laundry.  Tomorrow I'll tackle the living room and bathrooms.

A favorite quote of the day..."To a friend's house, the road is never long." - Author unknown.

One of my favorite things...spending a nice quiet evening at home with a good book :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...Family Fun night at our church this Saturday!  It's an outdoor event, with lawn chairs so we can watch a movie, plenty of food and fellowship.  We've enjoyed these so much in the past.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: