Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Well, it's the first Wednesday of 2013. What better way to spend it than with some hodgepodge? Thanks to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, for hosting.
1. How did you ring in the new year?
We went to a friend's house, folks from my church. Their daughter was my daughter's college roommate. We had a really nice time.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
I look forward to living each day for Christ. I look forward to seeing my kids grow and mature. Mostly though, I look forward to life day by day and not year by year. Our days are not guaranteed. We can be here today and gone tomorrow. Live each day as though it's the last one here on earth.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
I believe we live our lives in seasons. There's the season of youth, the season of parenthood, the season of career, etc. We do change as we learn and as life's experiences mold us and shape us. Hopefully as we change we become better and not bitter.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
Love! I love most shades of green, but the jewel tones are my favorites. I have fair skin, brown eyes and artificially auburn hair. Jewel tones like emerald green are perfect for me. I was able to get an emerald green sweater from Kohl's with one of the gift cards my kids gave me for Christmas, but I definitely want more pieces in this beautiful color.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Emeralds are my favorites because I love green, but rubies are a close second.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
Brave was probably my favorite movie in 2012. My daughter and I start talking with a Scottish accent whenever we watch it :)
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
God has been gracious in allowing me 49 years on this earth. 2013 will be the year I turn 50, but it's way at the end of the year, so I want to tell myself to enjoy the last of my 40's while they're still around.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This "winter" hasn't been much of a winter at all. We had one day in the upper 40's so far, a few days in the 50's, but mostly our temps have been in the 70's and low 80's. I don't mind that, but when the humidity is up and down every other day my allergies suffer for it. So, I'm hoping that the temps will drop a bit more, the humidity will stay low, and we can enjoy winter 2013.