Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Is it still Wednesday? Yes, it is! Good, that means I can get my Wednesday Hodgepodge post up on time! Thanks to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond for hosting.
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Hmm, let's see. The one super event that comes to mind was a few years ago. We attended Night of Joy in Orlando, I'm thinking it was 2006. Saw some amazing performances, sang praise songs at the top of our lungs and enjoyed a magnificent worship night at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Unforgettable.
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
Netflix. I love that I can watch what I want, when I want, with no stupid commercials, for a fraction of what cable/satellite costs.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I absolutely, totally LOVE wings! I like honey barbecue wings, hot wings, sweet and sour wings. I like them fried, baked or on the grill. I can have them with or without sauce. They are so yummy!
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I admit I haven't followed the story much. I heard it being mentioned and googled it to see what it was all about and I was very disappointed that he'd been lying for so long. I'm glad he's come clean; I just hope he's truly sorry for what he's done.
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
"Is that your real hair color?" :P
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
I'm the oldest of four siblings. We weren't competitive, at least I don't remember being so. We'd play board games or card games and we'd play honestly, not trying to cheat or anything like that.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I'm not athletic. At. All. The only ball game I play these days is tossing a ball to our dog Molly so she can run after it. I'm not a sports fan either so I don't have any favorite games.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So my daughter's CT scan results came in, and it's not looking good. Her wisdom tooth is more than just close to the nerve; the nerve is running through the roots. It's in a precarious place, and what's worse, the tooth has begun to move, causing cutting in the gum. It can easily become infected if food particles fall into the area. We talked about it, I prayed, and she thinks she's going to have them all removed at the end of February. She's performing at our church's carnival next month and at a concert, so we both agree it would be best to get the surgery after these two events. We'll be praying for a good outcome and asking everyone to pray as well. All prayers are welcome.