1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
I would love for the garage to be completely organized by the end of this year, or long before it. I've already got a head start on it, getting containers to pack things in and putting them neatly against the wall. There are things I'd like to get rid of, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I've never worn a uniform for any job.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
It wasn't really my mishap, but I was here when it happened and had to help with the cleanup. My daughter reached for the carton of chocolate almond milk and she dropped it. The side of the carton split open, and there was chocolate almond milk inside, under, and all around the refrigerator. It took a while, and lots of paper towels, to clean it up.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I think the best way to protect yourself from negativity is to pray for the negative person/people. It's hard to get mad at people when you're praying for them.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I've been told I resemble my late grandmother on my mom's side. My daughter and I look incredibly alike.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
Ew, no. Sorry people, but I have an aversion to swimming around in my own sweat and filth. :P
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I think for me it would be the Quebec Winter Festival. Though I'm not a fan of cold weather, the architecture of Montreal and the natural beauty of Niagara Falls would interest me greatly.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a sneaky feeling this winter will be like last year's winter - non-existent. We're approaching the middle of January and our temps are still in the low 80's. I'd like to see some cooler weather so the mosquito population can be reduced.
I'm first and foremost a Bible believing Christian. I'm a mother of 3, learning to deal with the changes God is doing in my life, learning to lean on Him and trust Him even when I don't understand, and learning to accept the changes He sees fit to accomplish His purpose in my life.
"I can't imagine anything more terrible than getting to the end of my life only to discover that God had so much more in mind for me - more freedom, more joy, more peace, more true effectiveness. And I had missed it all, simply because I refused to change." - Joanna Weaver, Having a Mary Spirit.
"In every change He faithful will remain." - Katharina von Schlegel
"Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory." - Warren Wiersbe
Bible Verse of the Day
In the Kitchen This Week
Monday - black bean and beef chili, white rice, cornbread
Tuesday - crock pot jambalaya, white rice
Wednesday - Christmas Eve: turkey with all the fixin's
Thursday - Christmas Day: leftovers
Friday - tilapia, plantains, rice with veggies, salad