Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Goodbye 2012, hello 2013!  Happy New Year to all, may the Lord bless you this year and show you His great love.

I don't do the "resolutions" thing; rather, I try to set goals for myself that are continuous.  One of my goals is in John 13:34-35.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I want to make it my goal to be more loving towards others, more compassionate to their needs, more caring about those around me.  I want to ask myself, "What Would Jesus Do?" and really mean it.  I admit I'm not the most compassionate person; I'm more of a "suck it up and deal with it" type, but I realize that's not the loving approach.  Obviously there are people who abuse our trust and compassion, but most folks just want someone to understand, listen, and encourage.  I want to be that person.

I'm off to see what 2013 has in store for me!  God bless.

No comments: