Monday, February 25, 2013

Move It Mondays

This post should really read "Moved It Mondays" since it's now almost 8pm.  I didn't even pull out my computer till a little while ago.  Once I get my momentum going it's hard to stop.

After a breakfast of one fried egg, one slice of bacon and one English muffin, I took my son E to school and had my morning walk dropping him off.  I came home to fold 3 loads of laundry, clean the kitchen, vacuum and mop the family room, kitchen, dining room and living room, cleaned the family room ceiling fan, then finally sat for a few minutes to catch my breath before making some tilapia, fried plantains, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and salad.  Not long after lunch I picked up E from school again, and just a little while ago I helped him with his Civics and Language Arts homeworks.  Now he's watching an old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.

My son R was covering for one of his coworkers and had to leave for work early.  My daughter A started her first day at Elevation Burger.  She really liked working at Old Navy, but working 4-8 hours per week wasn't going to pay the bills.  Most of her money was going just in gas, now that it's creeping up to $3.85/gallon.  She knew she had to find something close, and until the church is able to hire she is still interning.  Bills have to be paid, so a burger place it is.  At least this place is a little more upscale; they serve organic burgers.

The church carnival was a blast!  Especially Saturday, when my daughter and the church's youth band performed.  I videotaped the performance but I'm having a hard time downloading it.  My computer is an old dinosaur :P.  I'll have to wait till my daughter has time to download it using her Macbook.  It was a joy to listen to her powerhouse voice as she belted out songs by Jesus Culture and Hillsong.  I was afraid she wouldn't be able to sing the next morning at church, but the pastor said she sounded great!  That's God's gifts for ya, always available to use for His glory.

It's getting close to shower time, so I'll be packing up the computer soon.  Have a blessed night everyone!

No comments: