Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, February 21, 2013...

Outside my window...it feels more like late spring than mid winter.  There's a breeze, which is warm, but thankfully no humidity.

I am thinking...of how much fun this carnival is gonna be.  Our church is hosting a 4 day carnival with rides, music, food and fellowship.  And the best part?  My daughter will be performing on Saturday!

I am thankful for...God's faithfulness, and how He answers seemingly insignificant prayers.  I asked and He provided - free tickets to see Casting Crowns in Boca Raton on March 2!!!  Thank You Jesus!

I am going...to the first day of the carnival tonight.

I am wearing...a brown top, cream/brown/pink skirt, and flip-flops.  It's 80 degrees out right now.  Can you believe it?!

I am noticing...weird weather patterns.  It's 80 degrees out today.  It was in the 40's this weekend.

In the kitchen...kielbasa sausage, yellow rice with mixed vegetables, tater tots and salad.

I am reading...Ruby, by Lauraine Snelling.  It takes place in the Dakota Territory in the mid 1800's.  I love historical fiction.

I am hoping...the carnival is successful in reaching the community for Christ.

I am looking forward to...seeing my friends at the carnival and watching my son get on all the rides.  I might even join him.

I am hearing...nothing more than the whir of the ceiling fan and my fingers on the keyboard.

Around the house...I did the basics today.

A favorite quote of the day..."You know what you can do when you don't have any payments?  Anything you want." - Dave Ramsey.

One of my favorite things...snuggling in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Carnival, carnival, and more carnival.  My son wants to go everyday, and since I bought him the wristband for unlimited rides, it makes sense.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: