Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, February 5, 2013...

Outside my window...the day started off chilly but it has warmed up quite a bit.  Not overly hot, though.  It's a beautiful day.

I am thinking...about 1 Corinthians chapter 15, the chapter we're studying in our Sunday school class.

I am thankful for...our new pastor, Pastor Matt, whose sermon's are refreshing as much as convicting.

I am going...to rest a bit.  I'm not feeling my best.

I am wearing...a mint green top, blue skirt, and ankle socks.  It's 76 degrees out but it feels colder inside the house, and my feet are cold.

I am noticing...my greys peeking out.  Time for me to color my roots.

In the kitchen...easy chicken and stuffing in the crock pot.  I love my crock pot so much!

I am reading...the Widow of Larkspur Inn, but I got a good amount of reading this morning.  I think I'm on chapter 13 now.

I am hoping...I feel better for Awana tomorrow.

I am looking forward to...our church's carnival in a couple of weeks.

I am hearing...a House Hunter's marathon.  I'm lying in bed and there's nothing else good on TV.  Maybe I'll just get my book.

Around the house...anything that needs to get done can either get done by my kids or wait.  I'm taking the day off.

A favorite quote of the day..."Cleverness is cheap. It is faith that He praises." - George Macdonald.

One of my favorite things...spending time with my kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, church on Sunday, nothing else planned yet.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

happy blogging! the swd brought me here