Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 26, 2013...

Outside my window...it's very cloudy.  It's a warm, humid day, but the weekend promises to be cooler and drier.

I am thinking...of my sister's visit in December.  I don't like long waits.

I am thankful for...God's presence in my life.  We saw a video in our Sunday school class about the vastness of the universe and how very small we are.  It blows my mind that even though I am such a tiny speck in God's creation, He still hears and answers my prayers.

I am going...to pick up my son from school in a little while.

I am wearing...a multi-colored top, jean skirt and flip-flops.  It's 81 degrees in beautiful South Florida.

I am noticing...the mess my son left on our family room coffee table.

In the kitchen...I kept it real simple.  Tyson chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, and a salad.

I am reading...Ruby, still, but I'm over halfway done.

I am hoping...my daughter does well on Friday.  She's performing at her church's concert.

I am looking forward to...the Casting Crowns concert on Saturday.

I am hearing...the keyboard clicks.  My daughter is at the church office, my older son is napping and my youngest is at school.  Oh, and Molly is asleep too.  :)

Around the house...most of the cleaning got done yesterday.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning so I haven't done anything, except wash the breakfast dishes and fix my bed.

A favorite quote of the day...“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” ― Dave Ramsey.

One of my favorite things...listening to the wind blow through the palm fronds in our back yard.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...my daughter belting out a song at the carnival:


A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow is Grand Prix at Awana, and I'm sure the T & T gang is excited!  Then Saturday it's Casting Crowns, can't wait!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: