Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


I'm excited to get back on my blog, and today is Wednesday, time for my Hodgepodge post.  Thanks to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, for hosting.


1.  This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?

I attend a Baptist church.  We don't give things up for Lent, but our pastor has suggested doing a church-wide fast as we listen to God's voice and His will for the church.  I'm thinking of giving up Facebook for the month of March, but I don't know if that is enough.  I may fast from something else as well, as the Lord leads.

2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?

I love pancakes!  I make buttermilk pancakes from scratch.  Just a drizzle of syrup is enough for me.

3.  I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?

Amazing Love.  "Amazing love, how can it be, that You my King should die for me?"  I get teary eyed every time I hear it.

4.  What are some things you do to let others know you love them?

My love language is Words of Affirmation, followed by Acts of Service.  I need words and actions that show love, and that is how I best show love as well.  Giving encouraging words and reminding people how much they mean to me, as well as doing a little something unexpected is how I show love best.

5.  Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?

I've always favored red roses, but really any color rose is lovely.  My kids gave me roses for my birthday, and a friend gave me roses to thank me for a going away party we hosted for her and her husband.  If I had to choose, hands down it would be the red roses.  They are so beautiful.

6.  President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you?  Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring?  Why?

I love all kinds of history, American history best.  I do enjoy learning about the Presidents and the decisions they made that help shape our nation.  Let's see, if I could tour just one of the houses listed...I've read that Monticello is extraordinarily beautiful, and the extensive grounds are also famous for the gardens, so I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

7.  Are you good at keeping secrets?

I think I'm pretty good at keeping secrets.  Why, would you like to share one? ;)

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I got a text message from our Awana leader yesterday asking if I would teach tonight's lesson.  I will be talking about making good choices, focusing on Abigail (1 Samuel 25).  Prayers are appreciated.

No comments: